Not only Athlete's get Athlete's foot!
Tinea pedis ("athlete's foot") is the most common fungal infection seen in developed countries.
Anyone can develop the infection and the appearance of athlete's foot can vary from person to person.
Signs of infection are dryness, peeling, scaling, or cracking skin between the toes or along the sides of the feet or under the sole.
- Wash your feet thoroughly every day
- Keep your feet clean and dry
- Wear clean socks - change them every day
- At home, expose your feet to the air whenever possible
- Throw out old shoes and never share shoes with others
- Wear flip flops in public areas such as the gym or school locker rooms, shower room, or public baths.